Once again, this year we kick off the Mayo AC Move 2 Improve series.
This years series has 7 races, roughly 1 per month. Your top 5 times out of the 7 will be counted.
Race details are:
1. Kilmovee 10km Sat April 4th @ 1pm, contact John 0861737111
2. Run for Boylo, Foxford 10km Sun April 26th @ 12pm, contact Jean 0861753307
3. Irishtown 8km Sun June 28th @12pm, contact David 0879272242
4. Balla 10km Sat July 25th @7pm, contact Brendan 0872941227
5. Claremorris Decare 5m Sat Aug 29th @6pm, contact Mairead 0949372250
6. Ballyhaunis 8km Sun Sept 27th @3pm, contact Martin 0872455989
7. Breaffy 10km Sun Oct 11th @1.30pm, contact Maggie 0876324252
There are three ‘Move 2 Improve’ levels, A, B and C. After each race the first 20 finishers in each level will be awarded points from 20 -1, points earned will accumulate after each race. At the end of the Series, the best five finishing times from the seven races will count towards the final points tally. There will be three winners in both the men and women sections.
Levels A, B, C
Each level is organised by your finishing time in the race.
For Men in 10k races, Level A is for finishers under 40 mins, Level B finishers between 40 – 45 mins, Level C is for finishers over 45 mins.
For Women in 10ks, A: under 45 mins, B 45 – 55 mins, C over 55 mins.
Level times for 8k races are:
Men: A: under 32 mins, B: 32-36 mins, C: is over 36 mins.
Women 8k Levels: A: under 36 mins, B: 36-44 mins, C: over 44 mins.
This format is aimed at participants to try to improve their times and move up to a higher level. Once you move up a level you will not be able to move down. The best 5 race times out of the 7 in the Series will count towards the final points tally.
More about the series Mayo AC